About Our School
Logie Coldstone is a small, country school, located just inside the Cairngorms National Park, in a beautiful part of the world. Its Scandinavian designed building sits below Morven, and is on the doorstep of several sites of historical importance and natural beauty including Burn O’Vat, Loch Kinord, Poldhu Wells and Migvie Kirk.
Its location and size bring many benefits to the children.
Logie Coldstone is ideally placed to meet the key aims of the Curriculum for Excellence, and particularly excels in:
- Interdisciplinary learning – include space for learning beyond subject boundaries
- Ethos and life of the school – a positive ethos and climate of respect and trust based on shared values across the school community
- Opportunities for personal achievement – opportunities for achievements both in the classroom and beyond, giving them a sense of satisfaction and building motivation, resilience and confidence.
Advantages of sending your child to Logie Coldstone School:
- Happy nurturing environment with close attention to every child’s needs
- High expectations for attainment and achievement
- Excellent access to ICT and other resources
- Learning opportunities through practical activities such as baking, gardening and modelling
- Regular opportunities for active learning across all curricular areas
- Specialist visiting teachers
- Strong commitment to outdoor learning
- Parental Involvement encouraged
- Shared activities with other local schools
- Strong Community Ties
- Unique Scandinavian-designed building, purpose built in 1994